 |
| Adi (~2 weeks) |
We are ready to go to the beach!!! Lets go baby!
What an adventure of a day! On our way to Galveston we took a scenic route, due to a necessity pictured below, and ended up at a lovely picnic area at the entrance to the NASA Johnson Space Center. A perfect spot, complete with educational opportunities and refreshing shade on a hot September day.
 |
| My mama and I, plus invisible baby |
We arrived in Galveston just in time for the Shrimp festival parade! It was quite the show, they tossed out tons of Mardi Gras beads. I think they look great on the baby.
 |
| "Fabulous darling, you look faaabulous!" |
 |
| With one of the floats: Baby, Bob, and I. I love our BOB jogger, seriously, its like the Cadillac of strollers. |
 |
| Checking out Harbor side of Galveston on a pier. |
 |
| This is a fun sculpture on the pier! |
 |
| Historic Galveston Square, where the party's at! |
 |
| What could be better than Mo Bettah? |
 |
| Galveston Police know how to ride in style! |
 |
| One of the Gumbo tasting stations, sounds dangerous. |
 |
| My favorite sight of the day |
After exploring the main street and festivities, we found a fun restaurant on the pier serving fresh caught seafood and with the above AMAZING view. From where we sat and ate delicious food, we watched a whole team of real deckhands taking care of this beautiful ship. It was so fun to watch and to think about. We also saw some dolphins in the harbor as well as many sea birds, including cormorants and blue herons.
 |
| Happy new mommy and daddy |
 |
| Happy new Grandma and Grandpa |
 |
| Little cutie pants was there too! She woke up to take a look at the sights. |
What would a trip to the beach be with out some good time on the beach. No surfing today, but we soaked up the sights, sounds and feel of it all. It was so serene that it put Adi back to sleep... haha.
 |
| Mom and I - Look closely and you can also see my daddy on the rock wall. |
People say the Galveston beach isn't that great of a beach... but it is still a beach... and
I love the beach.
 |
| Ahhhh.... |
What a wonderful end to a perfect day! If only we could have skipped the long dark drive home and the random stop under a scary overpass in Houston...
2 comments:
Cool! I love the opening picture of Adi to get us in the mood for the beach! haha! The old boat with all the people in the rigging was cool too!
How fun! She is so cute, have I told you that before :) You look great too Em! Love that you are posting pics!
Post a Comment