Thursday, November 25, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa Owen!

Grandma Owen and her grand-daughter Adi


 A few days after Adelynn was born, my mother came down from Alaska to visit and help out. She was an amazing blessing. Not only was I was able to really focus on taking care of my new baby and doing some recuperating myself, Parker and I were deliciously well fed, our house was clean, and I got to spend some wonderful quality time learning from my mother who is my greatest role model. My dad arrived a little later and was able to stay for about 5 days as well. What a treat! We went out every day, on daily walks, first adventures to the grocery store, to the hairstylist, to a few of the nearby parks to visit some local wildlife, to watch Dragon Boat races on Lake Woodlands, to Galveston for the beach and 2010 Shrimp Fest, to the Temple and Costco, to see nearby attractions, the general area and a few of our favorite restaurants, and on their last day here, we went to Church for the first time. Adelynn's first two weeks sure were a great adventure.
Thanks mom and dad, and from Adi, thanks grandma and grandpa!   

 
Downtown Houston
Mr. Turtle, King of the Log.
Golden Silk Orbweaver (and my daring daddy's hand!)

Houston Temple - I love to see the temple.


Sweet little doll-baby!
 
Chuy's (Amazing Tex-mex... Oh their Tres Leches, it visits me in my dreams!)
Grandpa has a way with the baby!

 First Church!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

congrats! Knew she was coming but didn't know it was yet. (Obviously I'm not the best at checking in.)

She's beautiful. Love the name.

Amanda M said...

Haha! I love the last pictuer of her in her Sunday dress! She is totally posing!

Cheryl said...

She is adorable, Emily! Your Mom looks over the moon to be a Grandma!! What a beautiful little family!

Ben or Sarah said...

I enjoyed the photos. Isn't being a new mom just the happiest thing ever..well mostly. Congratulations. Enjoy every moment..as I'm sure you are.