Thursday, November 25, 2010

Adi Coming Home

Dressed to leave the hospital. It is so hard to believe how small she was. And how much she has already changed in the last 2 months. Crazy and amazing at the same time.
Adi's first car ride. The empty car seat that had been sitting in the back seat was finally put to work. It felt so interesting to drive in the car with her in her car seat instead of simply in my belly. Probably much more interesting to me than for Adelynn... at least she likes her car seat! We drove like we had the very most precious cargo ever, cause we did!
Baby Adi and her Daddy! We just love her cuddles and snuggles! Before she was born I remember looking at the newborn sized outfits and "thinking no way, that is too teeny!" then they were baggy on her (for at least a week anyways)!
Ever since the day she was born, Adelynn has enjoyed demonstrating her length. This pic was for us to give ourselves a gauge of how little she was! (Sorry for the neck-bending to view this picture!) Actually, as I reflect on what I just wrote, she actually has been demonstrating at least her leg length since before that! She liked to Kick/Squat (whatever you want to call it) in my belly. Her feet would be on my left side and her bum poking the front left! Not only was it incredibly entertaining to see my belly deform like that, but I would measure about 10 inches thinking Really?! Turns out she has long legs like her mama!

On another note, Parker has been amazed at how much Adelynn looks like him as a baby. It really is quite an amazing resemblance. I am sure many parents would agree how fun it is to think about which of your baby's features came from whom and who she looks most like, etc, especially as it seems to change as she grows and changes! Not to mention guessing what will happen with hair and eye color. My bet is still blue and blonde, though she was born with quite dark hair! I cold still be proven wrong though.

When we first brought Adi home, she was attentively looking around and I had the distinct feeling she really liked it and was comfortable here, as if she recognized it in a way, even though it was her first time seeing it. We are glad she is here too.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Em! Adelynn is GORGEOUS! She is so sweet. Congrats to you and Parker! You are such a beautiful and talented mama- I'm so happy for you guys! Drop me an email or fb message when you get a chance- I miss you!