Saturday, January 3, 2009

On Holiday in Utah

This trip I remembered my camera, I tried to take enough pictures to make up for forgetting it before! So, I have included some pictures from our trip to Utah the week before Christmas. But first a preface. Parker had a whole month of no school as a break from Graduate School at Mines, so we planned well in advance and bought our plane tickets. It was Such a great vacation for us. Prefacing the trip were our first two weeks of December, the time between Thanksgiving break and this trip... those two weeks were so crazy and so busy for both of us! Take my schedule for an example: I usually work 30 hours a week in two jobs, but due to the flexible nature of my time at both locations, I was able to work enough in those two weeks of December to make up for the two weeks I was taking off... aka I worked approx 55 hours a week! that isn't too bad of a deal really but then you add on the 1 1/2+ hour daily commute and it just gets longer and longer! Parker was dedicated to getting his Thesis proposal rolling and he was putting in as long of hours as I was. We got up at 5:30, out the door about 6:00 am and came home about 8:00 or 9:00 pm just in time to make and eat dinner, clean up, try to wind down, Talk to each other, and get to bed by Midnight? I don't remember what time we usually made it to bed but we were both SO Ready for our departure. That preface was not meant to evoke any sympathy, it was totally worth it. The next two weeks were so fun and totally relaxing and wonderful and ... I could go on.

The Valora Family!

Everyone who knew anybody from Utah or who traveled through Utah probably heard that Utah's December was a crazy month of snow! We had a very wintry wonderland awaiting us. We flew in on a Tuesday mid-day, went to Cabella's and ate a VERY delicious lunch at a small Thai food restaurant on the way down to Utah Valley. That night the whole Valora family, plus our friend Paul from Alaska, went together to the Voice Male concert at Thanksgiving Point. It was fun and actually quite amazing what that a Capella group could do at times. We spent time during the next couple days sleeping in, shopping, and being with friends and family. We planned our trip during BYU's Finals week to make sure we could see my Sisters and Jeremy before they left anywhere. We had tons of fun shopping together with Amanda around Provo and Orem, followed by a wonderful enchilada dinner night with the whole group... mmm. We had a crazy game night with some of Parker's friends and got to see more of Parker's best buddies later in our trip too! On Friday one of my very best friends got married in the Salt Lake City Temple to a guy who is perfect for her. More will come about that in my next post!

Saturday morning we headed out to Castle Dale to Grandma and Grandpa Jorgensen's, one of Parker's VERY favorite places on earth is Grandma's house. We had an exciting family party with a 'bingo white-elephant gift exchange", great food of course, and more time with wonderful family. In our down time the boys started up a little friendly competition. Parker was brave enough to attempt arm wrestling his buff father... I love the picture below!



And I was only brave enough after he got worn out a bit! He's so strong, I am glad he beat me, but I still feel motivated to push myself harder at the gym! My bicep is usually more bulgy... hahaha! Afterwards, I tried to get some leg wrestling going but there were no immediate takers.

Grandma and Grandpa's house was warm with the fireplace going and many warm bodies. we had a wonderful time and look forward to going back of course.

It was wonderful to have time with Parker's family and I am glad we got some nice pictures all together. On our last full night, we all hung out together and went out for a nice meal at Ruby River Steakhouse. I had never been there before- it was fun eating peanuts and filling my long-standing craving for a steak! Thanks Mom and Dad and Mandy too, from Parker and I for helping us have such a wonderful and relaxing vacation with you. We love you!

We love you!

Parker and I headed home to Golden where we spent our first wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas together. I remember nothing but happiness and love about the whole time. We were and continue to be overwhelmed with love and gratitude for out loved ones and all that they do for us. We are so happy to be together and we can't deny our blessings because of the Gospel and our families. Feel like a WHHOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! anyone?

No comments: