It has been A LONG time since I have done any updates on this Blog! It feels like it anyways with all that has happened since the end of October... yes that is a long time. Its never too late to share an update though.
Thanksgiving was an event to remember! We drove across the Rockies and the San Rafael Swell an 11-hour drive to St. George stopping along our way to visit with Parker's wonderful grandparents in Castle Dale. We also got to see Mom and Dad Valora and Mandy. It was such a treat for us! In St George, we were awaited by my WHOLE immediate Family! Mom, Dad, David. Katie, and Janelley all flew down from Alaska and Sarah, Manda and Jeremy all came down from Provo. I love my family so much- it is hard to explain how extremely happy I was to all be together again so soon. My mother's Clinger side were (mostly) all gathered together and there were tons of people there. We had a jam packed Super fun and Super delicious time together. Some highlights include Geo caching with Dad's GPS, the Hotel pool, Crowding/overtaking the hotel Fitness room with all my siblings at 10 pm, Shooting with Grandpa and Uncle Danny's Guns (Parker was impressive!), Jewelry shopping at our Favorite turquoise store with Grandma, Hiking a Cinder cone volcano and barely making it down by nightfall! I went golfing for my first time! Again Parker was impressive to me, we teamed up with my bro David and Jers. I had fun hitting up all the grass when I was trying to hit my ball, driving the Golf cart (I have always thought that would be fun and it was even though it was governed), and taking pictures of the guys with Dads new camera/video!
This brings me to one sad announcement. I left Colorado with my new Nikon Camera in hand ready to take tons of pictures, 45 minutes from home at the beginning of a 10 hour drive, I pulled out my camera to take pictures of the gorgeous morning scenery and sunrise, I discovered that I had left the BATTERY and charger at home! I was so sad, and wished for a time warp/magic door to appear so that I could just go get it and be back right where I was in two seconds... since none appeared- and we didn't want to add 1 & 1/2 hours to our trip for a battery, we continued on our way. So I currently have no pictures from our adventure of a trip and all our family, immediate and extended from the weekend. I still hope to get some from others, but for now I give this advice, mostly to myself, Always bring your battery and charger and check it twice before leaving.
We had a fantastic time anyways and it was a great time. I forgot to mention the other fun crafty activities we did like making cute little scrapbooks with paper bags and deco, Jewelry, and sounds weird but I made a cute angel for our Christmas tree out of pipe-cleaners... one of my very favorite things was a gift from my grandparents, a beautiful book containing the life story of my Grandpa's parents. I am enthralled every time I take a few minutes to read it, family history is so fascinating and enriching. Everything about the weekend was great but what really made it the best were the people we got to spend time with. We are so grateful for our families and for the legacy they have set up for us, for their examples and talents and love. We are grateful for them all year-round.
4 comments:
Holy Cow!!! You look so skinny in the antler picture!!!! What a babe you are SISTA!!!
What a great holiday! Doesn't family just make it amazing!
It sounds like you are so busy and happy! I am so happy for you!!
Em!!!
I love the blog! Thanks for posting my website! Miss you tons!
Love your favorite Cous!
Heath
Em!!!
I love the blog! Thanks for posting my website! Miss you tons!
Love your favorite Cous!
Heath
Post a Comment